A Few Words About Us
Southeast Weld Fire Protection District
The Southeast Weld Fire Protection District (SEWFPD) is a political subdivision of the State of Colorado, formed in 1954 primarily for the prevention of fires and protection of life and property from fires that may occur within the boundaries of the District. The District encompasses 405 square miles in Weld County and 87 square miles in Adams County, including the Town of Keenesburg, and the unincorporated areas of Prospect Valley and Roggen. In addition, SEWFPD encompasses significant portions of I-76, State Highway 52, and State Highway 79.
The District has auto and mutual aid agreements with surrounding fire and ambulance services. SEWFPD is staffed with a combination of career and volunteer/reserve firefighters providing fire prevention, suppression, property preservation, emergency medical, rescue and related emergency services to the approximately 10,000 residents of the District, as well as visitors to and through the District.
Presently the District's personnel are comprised of a combination of 25 full time firefighters in addition to our volunteer/reserve firefighters. Full-time staff provide 24/7 coverage and reside at Station 1 in Keenesburg and Station 2 in Prospect Valley. Full time staff are required to achieve and maintain minimum certification levels that include Firefighter-II, Hazardous Materials Operations Level, Wildland Firefighter (Red Card), Driver-Operator Pumper and EMT-IV. Full-time staff and many of the District's volunteer/reserve firefighters have further advanced their skills acquiring certification levels that include Hazardous Materials Technician, Fire Instructor-I, Fire Officer-I and other specialized certifications. SEWFPD has an additional fully equipped station strategically located in Roggen to serve the members of our communities. In addition, we operate an Advanced Life Support Paramedic Transport Ambulance.
To provide fire prevention, suppression, emergency medical, rescue and related emergency services to the residents of the Southeast Weld Fire Protection District (SEWFPD).
We will continue to transform today's fire and rescue service into a progressive, proactive and professional service; a service that will exceed today's demands, and meet tomorrows.
The SEWFPD values describe how we approach performing our mission, and how we will proceed toward our vision.
- FOCUS – We are devoted to serving our residents and to exceeding their expectations.
- EXCELLENCE – We are committed to our members and to their development, service, safety and recognition.
- SERVICE – We will always strive to provide prompt, professional service to the best of our abilities.
- INNOVATION – We constantly explore new concepts and methods in order to increase our efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- TEAMING – We aggressively seek and accept partnerships to improve the quality of our organization and service.
- INTEGRITY – We act ethically, we are honest, we keep our word, and take full responsibility for our actions.